We look forward to the 2017 season, after a successful 2016 where we saw both our 1st and 3rd XI win promotion we now look to replicate that success across all four of our senior playing teams.
For the first time in our history, we are entering a Saturday 4th XI into the WCL, giving our talented and promising youth cricketers the opportunity to gain valuable senior playing time.
The development of young cricketers, both boys and girls, in our junior section remains one of our main priorities. We recognise that children are the future of our club and endeavour to give them the very best in coaching to make them the best players they can be.
Under the expert coaching and guidance of our qualified staff, we encourage their involvement in senior cricket at the earliest opportunity. Combined with our brand new, state-of-the-art practice nets, you will struggle to find a better place to play cricket in the Midlands.
Aims & Goals
– All senior teams to gain promotion.
– Continue to recognise that the future success and sustainability of our club will be based upon the development of talented, young cricketers and their early involvement in senior cricket.
– Further promote a friendly social environment for all ages, genders and backgrounds.
– Increasingly promote cricket throughout our community by expanding our coaching presence in local schools to encourage more youngsters to take up the game.
– Take full advantage of our new, state of the art, ECB standard, practice nets.
– Enjoy our cricket in a competitive but positive manner.